29 Apr Pros and Cons of Sealing a Concrete Driveway
Acme Pressure Wash technicians are the Arizona experts when it comes to concrete maintenance. Our pressure washing and sealing services can eliminate years of stains from paint, oil, grease, and tire marks and keep your driveway looking brand new! Home and business owners in the Phoenix area often ask about sealing concrete driveways. Here are some of the pros and cons to consider before you seal your driveway.
- Sealing preserves the lifespan of the concrete. Sealants protect concrete from fading, cracking, and weather damage.
- Sealing prevents stains. The protective coating resists stains from grime and grease, and also makes the concrete easier to clean.
- Sealing hides small cracks and imperfections. Applying a sealer will repair unattractive cracks and flaking in concrete surfaces, and will enhance the overall appearance of your property.
- Sealing deters weeds and pests. Concrete sealants fill cracks and deter weed growth, ant hills, and other insect activity, making your driveway easier to maintain.
- Sealants can be slippery unless an anti-slip agent is applied. This is not a problem if you go with Acme! We can add anti-slip protection to our wet look and satin finish sealers.
- Sealing will only work on concrete that is at least one month old. Freshly poured concrete is vulnerable to damage, and needs to cure for at least 30 days before sealing. We can help you keep your new build clean until it’s time to seal.
- Sealed surfaces require regular maintenance. Reapplications of sealant will be necessary from time to time. Let Acme Pressure Wash keep your property looking great year-round with our quarterly, monthly, or weekly service options.
- Sealants can be dangerous to apply. Some types of sealants should only be handled by a trained professional with appropriate safety gear.
How Acme Seals Concrete
Acme Pressure Wash offers expert paver sealing services for concrete, stone, exposed aggregate, and more. We begin by steam-cleaning and pressure washing your driveway to remove any stains, grime, or dirt. We use 300 degree Fahrenheit steam at 3500psi that can blast away months—even years—of stubborn stains. After the concrete is clean and completely dry, we will apply your choice of protective sealer. We offer sealer in three unique finishes: NATURAL, WET LOOK, and SATIN.
If you have questions about sealing concrete driveways or sidewalks, call Acme Pressure Wash today! We can recommend the best sealing treatments for your property, and even give you a free estimate. Call us today at 602-373-1515.